Sunday 11 March 2012

181. A most understanding land lady



At Staines, the crew decided that they would take their bicycles and explore the town of Staines. This they did by going straight to a pub which was closest to the River, the Swan.  The First Mate and Cabin Boy went ahead of the Captain to the Swan who  made his entrance by cycling down the hall way and across the Persian carpet in the lounge bar. In an instant the Land lady Judy was out to reprimand the Captain and told him where he could park his bike, the Captain muttered “I know where I’d like to park it.”Judy heard what he said and, said “If you don’t do it now, you and your friends won’t   get served and by the way, we also don’t serve people who wear hats”.”I was not aware you were wearing one” joked the Captain.”Take it off, if you want serving”.”Yes Miss” replied the Captain.”Is there anything else you’d like me take off such as your bra and panties,” bantered the Captain.
The Captain came back to the bar having parked his bike and asked Judy could he take a photograph of her. She explained “Certainly not, even when I got married I had to use a stand-in bride because I didn’t want to spoil the wedding photographs!” And being a true gentleman, the Captain, ignored completely what she said and still took her  photo. Judy was a fine and most understanding host.

No comments:

Post a Comment